Monday, November 3, 2008

Hushabye Baby

I had been having trouble falling asleep at night almost every night for a long time since moving here. Then dad finally came in to help me pray and fall asleep. We prayed and God gave me a picture of dad leaving and I would tell myself a story of what heaven would look like. So this I did after he left. And you know what? It really worked! The next night I prayed, and God told me to imagine hell. You wouldn't think it would make me sleepy, but it did help. In other nights I have imagined my neighborhood without the beggars and poverty, and it became so beautiful, it felt as it was really true. God has helped me to fall asleep through my prayers (sometimes humming, sometimes singing). Also lately I have been able to talk to God as I go to sleep, which has been a great blessing for me.

Daddy has written about this here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lydia, I read your blog and have grown in my faith by watching you grow in yours. My Sunday School Class is studying Heaven. Your comment about seeing your neighborhood without any of the bad things and knowing how wonderful that would be made me think that is what heaven will be like. We will have all of the good gifts and creations of God without anything evil or even unpleasant. I am behind reading your blog but I do enjoy hearing about the work your family is doing through you. You are always in my prayer.