Monday, August 30, 2010

CRM World Conference

As all of you guys probably know, my family is a part of a organization called CRM. The organization is divided in to several groups all around the world. (Almost) every year the groups meet separately and every 4 years the whole organization meets together. This summer the whole organization got together in Malaysia - Langkawi.

Our flight arrangements to Langkawi were terrible, and the layovers
were simply nightmares. It was a relief when we finally arr
ived in Langkawi, but sadly we weren't able to get to our room immediately, because the previous guests had not left yet. We had been on the road at that point for 44 hours, and that was only the last of several disappointments along the way. While waiting for our room to open up, we swam in the pool, which felt very good, seeing that it was very hot and we had not been able to
wash the whole trip.

We were there a few days early to relax, but when the conference started, we had lots of fun. The children's program workers were really great and because of that encounters with God were not rare at all. Aside from being next to a beach, swimming in a pool every day and seeing friends every day, the best part about it was what we were learning. The children's program group taught us how to pray intensely, and during those times several of us saw things (like landscapes or colors), and once we told what we had seen, one of us usually would be able to tell what it meant.
I appreciated it because I hadn't been able to have as much intense praying before, and it was nice because there were other kids there, and so I wasn't alone in praying. I sometimes feel lonely at home when I pray, and that really helped me. I know how to pray more intensely now, and I didn't use to receive colors and pictures like I can now, and feel I have a stronger relationship with God. I feel that Langkawi really changed me, and even though I'll be 15 at the next world conference, I can't wait.

3 comments:

Steve, Grace, Joshua, Anna said...

Langkawi is pretty close to where I grew up: Singapore. It sounds like you had a wonderful time there. Great pictures!

angelyontoast said...

Hi, sweetie!
I miss you so much, but I am so happy to hear about your life in Russia. This conference sounds really neat. I had an aquaintance who lived two years in Malaysia (Did I spell that right?). I have started school again, and life has been a little crazy. I will send you and email and hopefully call you soon. I think about you and the family every day. I hope you all are doing well. Give the boys hugs for me, please, and give yourself a big hug. Lots of love from Virginia,
Angela (Alison looked at the blog too...we both think you are turning into a beautiful young lady)

P.s.
My google email is a little silly, it's named for Pete Wentz, he is the bassist for a band called Fall Out Boy, and I did not like him very much. Then he and his wife had a baby! So that is why my email is called "spawn of Wentz."

Eve crawley said...

Love your blog Lydia! WWC was really fun:)